When you buy
Ways to use
Healthier using tips
The toxic chemicals used to make Crystal Meth, and the lifestyle
changes that usually accompany use, really do a number on
your body. Your brain and body need adequate amounts of food,
water and sleep to recover from Tina use. If you’re
able to attend to these 3 areas, you will minimize the negative
health impacts and have more enjoyable highs as well. It’s
not as hard as you might think. In general, healthier using
requires planning ahead and practicing new habits.
Here are some tips that other users have found helpful:
• Decide how long you want to use before you start.
• Decide how much you’re going to take. If you
binge, you increase health risks and feel worse when you crash.
• You won’t feel like eating while you are using
but this is because Tina works as an appetite suppressant,
not because you don’t need to eat.
• Start snacking early. If your stomach becomes completely
empty you will feel less like eating.
• Try to maintain your normal caloric intake to avoid
weight loss and starving your body and brain of nutrients.
In reality you will be burning up more calories than normal
when you are using.
• Try apple sauce, bananas, protein shakes and bars,
meal replacement bars, oatmeal, and yoghurt if you have trouble
with more solid or substantial food. Something is better than
nothing. Have these foods on hand so they are accessible and
easier to take.
• Avoid foods that are high in sugar. Sugar will make
mood swings worse and increase drug cravings.
• Remember to plan food intake to coincide with meds
that require food. Use a timer or alarm to help you.
• Consult with a nutritionist or naturopath for vitamins
and nutritional supplementation to compensate for additional
requirements resulting from use.
• If you can’t eat during use, then at least
eat before you use.
• Your body needs water to handle the stresses of Tina.
Increasing your water intake will make your crash softer.
You need a minimum of 2 litres per day.
• Telltale signs of not getting enough water are dark
yellow urine, and dry mouth
• Sipping small amounts providing steady intake helps
keep your body balanced and lessens dry mouth.
• Sport bottles are a good way to keep sipping small
amounts and tracking intake to make sure you are getting enough.
• Have water accessible; in the fridge, with you, and
available after you crash so you can easily consume more before
sleeping some more.
• Keep other beverages to a minimum, especially ones
that contain sugar, alcohol and caffeine. Sport drinks are
good to replenish electrolytes if you become dehydrated, but
they contain sugar. Fruit juices (not ‘drinks’)
are ok. Caffeine in energy drinks and coffee will dehydrate
more on the importance of hydration, additional tips, and
how Tina impacts your kidneys please click
• Getting enough sleep is critical to reducing the
onset and severity of mental health problems like paranoia
and delusional thinking. Know how much and how long is ok
for you and again, stick to that limit.
• Have a sleep plan. Make sure you have a safe place
to crash. Know when and where you will be sleeping if it is
not at your place.
• Try taking breaks from activity while high. This
provides an excellent opportunity to hydrate, eat and check
in with your body.
• If you can’t sleep, try short naps or even
rest with your eyes closed.
• Don’t push yourself until you are completely
exhausted. Know your own crash cycle. Build in time to hydrate,
eat, take meds, shower, and take care of your oral health
before you crash.
• Create an environment that is conducive to sleeping
when you do crash. Calming music at low volume on repeat can
from others. Talk to users and ex-users who manage their health
well while using for other tips.